MONTHLY COLOUR CHALLENGE - August 2013

Started by Krysia@No98, August 08, 2013, 01:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krysia@No98

The colour of the month challenge is jointly sponsored by Off Mandrel (thank you Sean and Gillian!) and Frit Happens!

Each month the lucky winner, chosen by a random number selector, will receive a £20 gift voucher to spend on-line with Off Mandrel. The draw will take place at the start of **September** Last entries before midnight of the last day of August so make sure you get your entries in to be in with a chance to win the goodies!

A reminder that the entries should be new work.

So, the colour for the month for August 2013 is Opaque Pale Blue (591224) and/or Baby Blue (591038). Come on let's see your creations!

This has been requested in celebration of the birth of a certain little G man.

Good luck!
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

Purple Cobwebs

Oooh, nice colour. And, following my blue spotty bead make I have an order for more blue spotty beads, so will be getting the blues out this weekend...
Gaynor
Making beads, cards and jewellery to raise funds for Viva and Dr Hadwens Trust!
www.purplecobwebs.co.uk

Shirley

038 isn't baby blue, it's pale aqua. It's been wrong on Tuffer's site for years. Just ask Colette!
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

Krysia@No98

Damn it and that's where I got the numbers from!!  Ok, I'll accept both pale aqua and Baby blue.

(The home computer with the inventory (and my entire bloomin life!!) is at the computer shop at the mo as it won't boot and 70% of my glass is now in storage as part of project "making flat normal" so I can sell it.  Picking colours has been a little challenging in itself!)
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

Barnacle Bay

I have Opaque Pale Blue (591224) so we can't use that one now? - 591038 is Baby Blue in Transparent.

Shirley

Quote from: Barnacle Bay on August 08, 2013, 03:52:50 PM
I have Opaque Pale Blue (591224) so we can't use that one now? - 591038 is Baby Blue in Transparent.

No, the picture on the site that shows 038 as baby blue is incorrect. 038 is a very pale aqua, not blue at all. A couple of years ago it took a friend a lot of effort to get the right colour :D

Barnacle Bay

Nicknack

My 591224 is labelled Light Sky Blue.  Is this OK?

Nick

Madam Steph

Am I missing something?
Have I missed the draws for June?

Linda x

Enchanted Cobwebs

Now I do have light sky blue...is that the same?
Now I can play all day as I retired from the 'proper' job....
http://www.enchantedcobwebs.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/EnchantedCobwebs

AnnaSpanna

Oh no Im just really confused now (easily done)!  :-\

Please can you definitively clarify the colours for this month's challenge as I have random rods of blues coming out of every corner of my glass stash!

Madam Steph

038 Baby Blue is my favourite colour :)

Linda x

Shirley

You are going to get fed up with me. Sorry. The picture that Tuffnell's and Off Mandrel have of 038 are not accurate. I think OM get their glass from Tuffnell's so that would explain why they are the same.

Have a look at Miriam's colour chart

http://www.facet-design.com/wp/kleurkaarten/effetre/

I'm not saying any more. I was just trying to correct a mistake but I won't try any more

Barnacle Bay

No Baby blue on the above chart and some of the names are different esp on the ambers and blues to that on TG's site.  My 224 looks more like Baby Blue, now I am confused,  :D