MONTHLY THEME CHALLENGE - August 2013

Started by Krysia@No98, August 08, 2013, 01:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krysia@No98

The theme of the month challenge is jointly sponsored by Tuffnells Glass (thank you Martin et al!) and Frit Happens!

Each month the lucky winner, chosen by a random number selector, will receive a £20 gift voucher to spend on-line with Tuffnells. The draw will take place at the start of **September** so make sure you get your entries in before midnight on the last day of August to be in with a chance to win the goodies!

Please note that the entries should be new work.

So, the theme for the month for August 2013 is Auto-mobiles. (I will include anything with wheels)
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

Purple Cobwebs

Gaynor
Making beads, cards and jewellery to raise funds for Viva and Dr Hadwens Trust!
www.purplecobwebs.co.uk

Krysia@No98

I hope so...  I reckon there could be some really cool entries.

This was actually inspired by something none glassy which someone posted on FB.

Niki Gough

Niki x
N Designs Crafts

Every oops is an aah waiting to happen.

Skyblue

Why did the song ......The wheels on the bus go round and round just pop into my head. This is a big challenge...but I have an idea and its not a bus wheel :)

Krysia@No98

Skyblue

Somebody please do a camper van :) I love them but my skills are just not anywhere near good enough to make one. It would come out looking like it had been through a crusher !

Krysia@No98

That's exactly what I was hoping for!!  I reckon that would look really good on a pillow press.

Madam Steph

I did ask this on August's colour challenge, but i feel like a bit of a silly billy, as no-one responded, and it feels like I'm the only one who has missed who won the June challenge draws.
Who won them, please?

Linda x

Skyblue

Me too Krysia :) I have a huge canvas with camper vans on and think they would look lovely as beads.

Krysia@No98

go on then, give it a go.  As I was saying to a friend yesterday, think about how you would do it if you were going to do it and then before you know it you'll be doing it!  And as J.C. Herrell (Think I've got it right this time) The first 1000 beads don't count, but of course you can always show us a few of them to show your progress  ;)

helbels

This challenge is HARD!!  (and completely out of my comfort zone!)

I had a go at making something vaguely automobile like... took 3 goes to produce anything even half passable and even then, I'm not sure anyone would immediately "get" that they were looking at a car when they saw the bead... Nonetheless, I'll post a piccy of it when it's out of the kiln tomorrow, so that you can all have a chortle!  ;D

Krysia@No98

That's the idea of a challange  ;)

I'm really looking forward to seeing it

cbeadies

Quote from: Madam Steph on August 09, 2013, 05:13:27 PM
I did ask this on August's colour challenge, but i feel like a bit of a silly billy, as no-one responded, and it feels like I'm the only one who has missed who won the June challenge draws.
Who won them, please?

Linda x

I'm not sure who won the June / July challenges either...?  Maybe I missed it too! :-\

Krysia@No98

They are coming I have to fine something first.  This place is a sea of boxes and I think I might have packed the thing i need  :-\  But at least I have a computer now.