MONTHLY THEME CHALLENGE - June

Started by Krysia@No98, June 02, 2013, 12:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krysia@No98

The theme of the month challenge is jointly sponsored by Tuffnells Glass (thank you Martin et al!) and Frit Happens!

Each month the lucky winner, chosen by a random number selector, will receive a £20 gift voucher to spend on-line with Tuffnells. The draw will take place at the start of **July** so make sure you get your entries in before midnight on the last day of June to be in with a chance to win the goodies!

Please note that the entries should be new work.

So, the theme for the month for June 2013 is Egypt.
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

Pandanimal

And again.....something in mind  ;D he he he. Monthly challenge I can do? I like it!

Madam Steph

I'm in for this one :)

Made something yesterday, and when I get home, I'll get them out of the kiln and see if they are any good :)

Linda x

Madam Steph

I have been quite 'virusy' this week so didn't get much chance to practice, but here is my first effort at the this month's theme.
Shirley very kindly lent me her tile press and these were so much fun to make that I'm going to work on perfecting my stringer work so that I can progess these for the future. They will be called Valley of the Kings :)

Linda x

Krysia@No98

-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

Madam Steph

Purple Cobwebs

They are brilliant Linda!

When I think of Egypt I think of tombs, so I made my very first coffin yesterday!!!!

Gaynor
Making beads, cards and jewellery to raise funds for Viva and Dr Hadwens Trust!
www.purplecobwebs.co.uk

Kimster

Wow, love those tombs Gaynor! can I ask what glass/glasses you used? Very stone-y  :) :)

Purple Cobwebs

Thank you! It's Effetre cool fossil.
Gaynor
Making beads, cards and jewellery to raise funds for Viva and Dr Hadwens Trust!
www.purplecobwebs.co.uk

Madam Steph

Very effective, Gaynor. I like!

Linda x

Barnacle Bay

Skyblue

Love both lots of beads so far :) im trying to think, got the colours i want to use but am still trying to decide what to do with them.

Pauline

ok, pretty poor beads but after watching Glastonbury I had inspiration so burnt the midnight oil last night to get these posted in time

P6290532 by seally beads, on Flickr

da daa  Pyramids

Kalorlo

Heh, I have two in the kiln right now, but it's not going to have cooled down by midnight. Doh.

MeadMoon

Here is a pair of Egyptian lion coasters that I made based on an image in the "Papyrus of Ani" from 19th Dynasty Thebes in Egypt.  The lions represent "yesterday" and "tomorrow".

Egyptian Lion Coasters by Mead Moon, on Flickr
Elaine at Mead Moon  Facebook  Etsy