MONTHLY COLOUR CHALLENGE - March

Started by Krysia@No98, March 13, 2013, 09:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Summershed

Wow Carrie, those Daffs are fantastic - you'll have to start giving lessons!!

CarrieH

Glad you like them - they started as a personal challenge 'cos my Mum loves Daffs and I wanted to make something for her birthday.  Got the hang of them just in time to give her a lovely pendant yesterday with Daffs on one side and Pansies on the other - forgot to get a picture of it though!   The bottom one is a ring topper for me and the others are a commission for someone for whom Daffodils have a special meaning.
Carrie xx
www.CarrieandCo.folksy.com
www.carriehartshorn.etsy.com

Skyblue

helbels

I agree Carrie, those daffodils are very special.

marklaird

Hi kaz,

Love the first of your pendants. The colours are wonderful.

Not sure why it's posted in the colour challenge thread. The yellow is obviously very subtle.  ;D

Mark

helbels

Perhaps Kaz's gorgeous eye candy should be in the Gallery instead? ???

Kaz

She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

tish

my acid yellow bead set waiting to go in big bertha

silkworm

Mary

helbels

Some lovely beads there Tish - including the acid yellow ones!

tish

thankyou helbels im kinda saving them all up and turning bertha on only once a month so i had to show this piccy incase i missed the deadline

Kaz

She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

miss softpaw

Lovely work on here. I can finally enter a monthly challenge!

My entries

Bright acid yellow with phoenix frit

SAM_0472 by miss_softpaw, on Flickr

again but with a twistie

SAM_0458 by miss_softpaw, on Flickr

light blue of some sort with bright acid yellow stringer and dichro stringer

SAM_0449 by miss_softpaw, on Flickr

Purple Cobwebs

Yellow has never looked so good!
Finally got some acid yellow, and got to play with my new triton shards from flameoff!

Gaynor
Making beads, cards and jewellery to raise funds for Viva and Dr Hadwens Trust!
www.purplecobwebs.co.uk

Fenrir

I am still trying to re-learn how to make beads with my new kit, I found that the gaffer frit seems to react with some of the yellow and green colours from effetre giving this effect, (the one on the right is etched)

I also had a go at doing the yellow in a murrini but seem to have difficulty melting them in on the dual fuel torch.