MONTHLY COLOUR CHALLENGE - March

Started by Krysia@No98, March 13, 2013, 09:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helbels

Ok, well I have to admit that this month's challenge has been good for me.  I hate this colour, so I decided to make murrini out of it, rather than attempt a whole bead in it... and I have to admit I really like the end result!   The silver on the bead is metallic in real life, and very sparkly.

IMG_0025 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

Fiona

Great beads Mark and love that Helen.  It looks fab with black.  I don't know why everyone hates this colour so much as whenever you use it you all make lovely beads.  :)

ARBeads

aaaaceiiiiiiiid! it's Sunday  I have a lickle drinky poos inside of me
Ruth & Andy

www.etsy.com/shop/arjewellery for beads!

mel

Love those yellow murrini.
I tried to go the whole hog and use the yellow in all its sunny brightness...

springvine by melanie.ingledew, on Flickr

yellowscroll by melanie.ingledew, on Flickr
Laughinglass Lampwork Beads

Pandanimal

Wow, Mel! Get the sunglasses out! Those are fab.
Helen it does look good with the black.
Mark, those beads have got to be a LGBT bracelet  :D Love rainbows.
Trudi, your lentil is so calm beside all the rest.
Great start to the challenge, I have got only so far as getting out some rods and putting them beside my torch.  ;D

Trudi

I would never have thought about using it in murrini, but that works so well especially against the black!
Lovely burst of sunshine Mel .. we all need that!
And Mark .. who doesn't like a rainbow!!

Skyblue

babyshoes

Newbie bead with swirly frit. Hoping the similar ones I made the other day will be better, but haven't been out to the workshop for a while due to nasty stomach bug...

Skyblue

Hope you are feeling better babyshoes, theres so many horrible bugs around at the moment.

Nicknack

Hope you feel better soon, Babyshoes.  My brother-in-law calls it a bummy tug!  Suppose he's kind of right!

Nick

babyshoes

Thanks! I'm over the worst of it - the really nasty phase only lasted 12h, thank goodness, but still feeling rather delicate and eating bland food. Back at work though, sick days are expensive!

Magpie

Urgh, nasty. I made a dodgy batch of chilli a couple of weeks ago, not good! Glad you're feeling better.

Sunglasses at the ready?

Acid Yellow with white and Leaky Pen....

DSCF9655 by HelenPetersBeads, on Flickr

Quote from: Trudi on March 14, 2013, 05:55:33 AM
Inspire us Helen x
If you want to see it with Slytherin you'll need to head over to the monthly theme challenge (I decided they could go in as a book reference).

CarrieH

I have been playing with daffodils - the petals are acid yellow.

Carrie x
www.CarrieandCo.folksy.com
www.carriehartshorn.etsy.com

Dayga

Fiona

Those daffodils look fab Carrie.  :)