Paragon SC2 tCL error - Cherry Heaven unavailable

Started by Donna@Rockin' Beads, July 24, 2012, 10:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emma @ Tuffnell Glass

Hi ya guys, If I remember rightly this is a Thermocouple fail. In the manual it suggests the 'paper clip' test
One of our kilns is showing this at the moment. As soon as I figure out how to fix it I'll let you know  ;)

Em xx

TheJanie

This has happened twice to my SC2 (see this thread: http://www.frit-happens.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=31183.0 ) and as Trudi says, it was the relay both times.  I bought my replacement part from Pennine Components too - very quick service.

LampyLou

Without wanting to be repetitive this thread has saved my sanity.  I love Frit Happens!

I had his error, I read this thread, I called Lee who also referenced this thread.  I ordered the part from Pennine yesterday, it arrived today and I just briefly fired up the kiln and it started ramping up beautifully.  Phew.

I am very much looking forward to a very beady day tomorrow.

Julia

Shirley

Hmm.

Shame Cherry Heaven told me I needed a new thermocouple when I got this error. Tcl - thermocouple, get it? Spent ages unscrewing the back, removing old and installing new thermocouple and the beggar still didn't work. Gave up and bought a Maxi.

Still got the SC2, still not got around to sorting it out, even though it is probably just the relay :-/
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

Trudi

It's quite cheap and easy to sort out and you could use this kiln for fusing!

Shirley

Yep, that's why I've still got it. Not enough hours in my day at the moment :D
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

Blue Box Studio

Quote from: Shirley on January 23, 2014, 05:30:40 PM
Hmm.

Shame Cherry Heaven told me I needed a new thermocouple when I got this error. Tcl - thermocouple, get it? Spent ages unscrewing the back, removing old and installing new thermocouple and the beggar still didn't work. Gave up and bought a Maxi.

Still got the SC2, still not got around to sorting it out, even though it is probably just the relay :-/

They had me doing all sorts of tests, kept saying it was the thermocouple and they would post one to me if I paid up.  Then I couldn't get hold of them so I emailed Paragon who said not the thermocouple, but the relay.  Pennine are far cheaper than Cherry Heaven, and when I got confused between types, the lady in Paragon actually phoned me to talk me through the Pennine website.  
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

spexy

I got that error when my relay went, didn't know about Penine then and bought one from Cherry Heaven. Can't remember exactly how much but over £30  :(

TheJanie

Quote from: spexy on January 23, 2014, 07:54:19 PM
I got that error when my relay went, didn't know about Penine then and bought one from Cherry Heaven. Can't remember exactly how much but over £30  :(

Eek!  But it doesn't surprise me.  I regret ever buying anything from Cherry Heaven :(  When I first had this problem with my kiln I got no replies whatsoever from them, despite sending numerous emails.  In the end I got tons of help from Lee at Kilncare and Sean Taylor (I'm still very grateful to both of you! :) ).

LampyLou

Wow. After hearing all that I have to say........... Trudi - THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

J x

Lee - Kilncare

TWITTER @kilncare
VISIT US ON FACEBOOK FOR THE LATEST ON US.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoke-On-Trent-United-Kingdom/Kilncare-Ltd/238801689732

Trudi

Margram

I've now got this dreaded error in my SC3 - does anyone know if the relay Trudi recommends is the same in the SC2 and SC3? (Pargagon website is down for me)...
Marg x  Etsy Flickr My blog