MONTHLY COLOUR CHALLENGE - MAY/JUNE 2012 WINNER NOW UP!!!

Started by Kaz, May 19, 2012, 10:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helbels

Mine is so thin it's hard to tell, but it just looks beige.  After you've used it the end turns brown.

MadelineBunyan

yes, just beige really, sometimes a bit streaky, sometimes circular pattern of darker & lighter when you look at the end, but all opaque.
there were some rods of multicolour that look very similar to raku on the outside, but have a transparenty green core, and are green on the end after you've melted them.

lampwork beads by Jo

I can't get nothing but poo out of it so i etched it and stamped it

flowerjasper

raku frit over effetre black and encased with 006,
one of my fav combos works for me every time  ;D

sandy

helbels

Jo, that bead is gorgeous!  Sandy, love those beads - have a very similar set in my shop, but thought I should make something new for the challenge, which frankly was nowhere near as nice!

Krysia@No98

Or it can be described as looking just like multicolour (not dark)
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

Skyblue

Blue Box Studio

Quote from: Krysia on May 22, 2012, 05:22:20 PM

Or it can be described as looking just like multicolour (not dark)

Which I think I have ..................

Some of the mystery rods are green ends, some brown  ::) and some have a transparent core.  Will go and have a look and see if I can find a name for any of them.  Thanks.

I love that bead Jo, very pretty colours.
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

lampwork beads by Jo

Madam Steph

I still can't reduce this pic, so hopefully an admin can chop it for me, please:

Linda x

tish

Ok ordered the right glass now to sit patiently til it gets here

Skyblue

Pandanimal

Don't re-size it its lovely Linda. And the others are all wonderful too. I love the etched, stamped one such subtle colours, looks like savannah grass.
I have had a go but couldn't do anything thing with my one rod of glass, so I tortured it instead and although they don't look at all raku they are unusual and I do like them. Have to take some pictures after I have cleaned up my light tent. Its covered in dust after our ceiling collapsed on Monday....long story!

Lakelady

Turner Rowe Glass Art

Pandanimal

If you listen carefully you can still hear it whimpering.