Main Menu

help

Started by beadworm, April 15, 2012, 05:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beadworm

hi
does any one know where to get bullseye glass for a good price? ???

SilverGems89

http://www.warm-glass.co.uk/

Do lots of Bullseye, rod, sheet and compatible products

Madam Steph

Cloe....

try these: http://www.glassstudiosupplies.co.uk/

Sue Lemming and I took a drive down there at the beginning of the year.
The lady there couldn't be more helpful and they have a great range of rods and other ecoutrements

Linda x

Glyn Burton

Warm glass are the preferred retailer for Bullseye in the UK they offer a fantastic service and keep a good range of products. They offer a discount if you are a bona fide  student if not they offer a scheme where if you buy a certain amount in a year you get a discount. If you buy in large quantities the discount can be very good. Bullseye is not a cheap glass but it is very reliable and in my view well wort the money.

Purple Cobwebs

And there's still 30% off the rods at Warm glass at the moment. ;D
Gaynor
Making beads, cards and jewellery to raise funds for Viva and Dr Hadwens Trust!
www.purplecobwebs.co.uk

Madam Steph

Quote from: Glyn Burton on April 15, 2012, 05:28:53 PM
Warm glass are the preferred retailer for Bullseye in the UK they offer a fantastic service and keep a good range of products. They offer a discount if you are a bona fide  student if not they offer a scheme where if you buy a certain amount in a year you get a discount. If you buy in large quantities the discount can be very good. Bullseye is not a cheap glass but it is very reliable and in my view well wort the money.

I'm am slightly confused, Glyn.
I don't understand about preferred retailers and Bullseye glass, my being a 104 coe user

Linda

Glyn Burton

Although there are a few people in the UK who sell Bullseye glass Warm Glass are recommended by Bullseye as their preferred retailer. They keep the biggest stocks and have the closet links with Bullseye, so its Bullseye's preference not mine (although they are). I hope this clarifies things.

flame n fuse

Hi Beadworm, Noting that you are in Devon, I can also recommend Warmglass, but also more central in Bristol is creative glass guild who also sell Bullseye, which is very good to visit. (not visited warmglass) - though I expect they're good for visits as well.

Madam Steph

It's crystal clear that you are recommending your preferred retailer, Glyn.

However, after extensively scouring the the internet info and Bullseye Company's site and info. I'm still at a loss.

I could be reading past the recommendation, by Bullseye.

You know what my eyes are like   :)

Linda x

Kalorlo

Warm Glass have a page with the information from Bullseye about what preferred partners are: http://www.warm-glass.co.uk/CMS-cms-37.html

Says "Bullseye Glass Preferred Partners are teaching studios that have demonstrated superior service and product availability to kiln-glass makers these ways:" ... etc.

Lakelady

Quote from: flame n fuse on April 19, 2012, 07:16:09 PM
Hi Beadworm, Noting that you are in Devon, I can also recommend Warmglass, but also more central in Bristol is creative glass guild who also sell Bullseye, which is very good to visit. (not visited warmglass) - though I expect they're good for visits as well.

I have been to the Creative Glass Guild - it's lovely to wander round and they have some lovely stuff- if they now have their lampwork studio up and running, you will hopefully get better advice than I did re lampworking...
Turner Rowe Glass Art

Madam Steph

Quote from: Kalorlo on April 19, 2012, 09:35:28 PM
Warm Glass have a page with the information from Bullseye about what preferred partners are: http://www.warm-glass.co.uk/CMS-cms-37.html

Says "Bullseye Glass Preferred Partners are teaching studios that have demonstrated superior service and product availability to kiln-glass makers these ways:" ... etc.

Thanks, Heather.

Preferred partner - not preferred retailer.

That puts quite a different slant on things.

Still couldn't find anything on the Bullseye site about it, and obviously nothing naming one of it's retail outlets being preferred over another.

L x

noora

Thanks for the tips, guys! I prefer the one with the best prices since I have to order online anyway :) I've ordered from Warm Glass so far since I didn't know about those other two places.

Glyn Burton

I hold my hands up and admit I was wrong, preferred partner is the correct term. It just goes to show how we should all check our facts before posting. Sorry for any confusion.

Madam Steph

It's no problem. We all do it at some time.
Confusion over

L x