6mm FULL FUSE firing schedule (BULLSEYE)

Started by handmadeheaven.biz, January 04, 2007, 07:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handmadeheaven.biz

As promised, here are the firing schedules for fusing. This one's a FULL FUSE with BULLSEYE (6mm).

1. Initial Heat   204C/hr to 538C   0.00

2. Rapid Heat (Process Soak)   316C/hr to 804C   0.10

3. Rapid Cool (Anneal Soak)   AFAP or 9999C/hr to 516C   1.00

4. Anneal Cool   66C/hr to 371C   0.00

5. Cool to room temp.   AFAP or 9999C/hr to 25C   0.00

If anyone finds they need to tweak this schedule for an SC2 please add a new schedule below. This works successfully in a kilncare hobbyfuser.

BeadyBugs

That's fab Steph,

Here's a link to a fusing tutorial and instructions on my site, for creating Bullseye glass fully fused cabs, pendants etc. in an SC2 kiln.? I've given it a bit of a facelift since its last incarnation, and added a few more sections in honour of our new forum.?:)? If anyone finds any omissions or glaring errors, please let me know I'll endeavour to change it.? It's the one at the bottom of the page, the others are Photoshop tutorials if anyone fancies a go. :)

Cheers me dears!? :)

Idiot's guide to fusing Bullseye in an SC2

HP x
Helen P

Funky Cow

Wow Helen - lots of information on your site! I was interested to see that your soaking times are a lot longer than mine, and I'm going to try soaking for longer as I've not been too happy with some of mine, and have had to re-fuse! When I used PVA, quite often the Dichroic layers would peel and distort, no matter how sparingly I used it. I have cured that problem by using clear honey instead - sounds mad, but it works ;D

TTFN
Cathryn
Cathryn xxx     

My Etsy: http://funkycow.etsy.com

BeadyBugs

Aww thanks Cathryn. :)? I hope people find my 'idiot's guide' useful and there's enough info so someone can have a dabble, then research it further and experiment if they want. :)?

I like the honey tip - I'll have to give it a go. :)? I haven't had the dichro peeling as such, but I occasionally get tiny bits of discolouration???? I do try to keep the glue to a minimum like you say, but it's sneaky stuff and seems to have built-in radar for dichro. ;D

HP x
Helen P

♥♥Tan♥♥

Ok guys I have converted Stephs and Helens schedules to Farnheit for those of you whose controllers operate in that.

Stephs

RA1............399F
oF..............1000F
HOLD..........OO.OO

RA2..........601
oF.............1479
HOLD.........00.10

RA3............FULL
oF.............961
HOLD........1.00

RA4...........151
oF...............700
HOLD...........00.00

RA5.........FULL
oF...........77
HOLD........00.00

Now Helens is for cabs and pendants

RA1......432
oF.........1251
HOLD.....00.30

RA2.......631
oF..........1501
HOLD......00.10

RA3.........FULL
oF............961
HOLD.......00.30

RA4..........181
oF.............700
HOLD........00.00

RA5.........FULL
oF............176
HOLD.........00.00

RA6..........00.00

And we wont mention my cock up of not converting in the first place!!

Trudi

Quote from: Helen P on January 07, 2007, 07:20:05 PM
That's fab Steph,

Here's a link to a fusing tutorial and instructions on my site, for creating Bullseye glass fully fused cabs, pendants etc. in an SC2 kiln.? I've given it a bit of a facelift since its last incarnation, and added a few more sections in honour of our new forum.?:)? If anyone finds any omissions or glaring errors, please let me know I'll endeavour to change it.? It's the one at the bottom of the page, the others are Photoshop tutorials if anyone fancies a go. :)

Cheers me dears!? :)

Idiot's guide to fusing Bullseye in an SC2

HP x

Hi
Just wanted to say a big thanks to Helen for her tutorial  - I've got an SC2 with a bead door and I used your tutorial with great results – I did tweek it slightly to allow for the door – but look at the reasults – (and this is my first fuse!)

The black one has a couple of tiny bubbles – but I used very thin dichoric stringer in there – and perhaps there wasn't enough of a layer.!

I forgot to write down my tweeks, but I'll check on them later and add!

julieHB

Oooh, those are rather gorgeous, Trudi!!  :)
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Trudi

Margram

I love those Trudi!  :)

My thanks to Helen too, in case I forgot to say it before :-\...

Marg x
Marg x  Etsy Flickr My blog

Flippopotamus

They're lovely. 
What are the flowery pieces in the left hand one?
Flip :)

Trudi

Quote from: Flippopotamus on June 30, 2009, 06:10:33 PM
They're lovely. 

Thanks - they're murrini!

Pat from Canvey

The bubbles just add interest and I like all three. So glad your experience has been so positive.

BeadyBugs

Oh wow, just found this thread sorry.  Thanks Marg.  ;D 

And they're all fabulous Trudi!  I especially love the murrini one, glad my tut was helpful. ;D

HP xxx
Helen P

Zoe

Quote from: Trudi on June 30, 2009, 07:36:46 PM
Quote from: Flippopotamus on June 30, 2009, 06:10:33 PM
They're lovely. 

Thanks - they're murrini!

Excuse the ignorance but what is murrini? and where do you get them?  Your pendants are lovely.

Sorry if its a stupid question

Zoe