Main Menu

SRA

Started by jammie, January 25, 2012, 02:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaysieMay

A very good point George indeed, but I do know that some people use it within searches, I just want to maximise the opportunities for people viewing my Etsy shop.  I can't pretend not to be a little miffed when some people have managed to get accepted after a relatively short period of time at the torch.  I might apply in my old married name and see if I get anywhere and then change it once I'm in  ;D ;D ;D  said with evil grin on face!
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

Jeanniegems

Good Luck with changing anything at a later date, I've been trying for the past two years to get my website entered correctly!

Jeannie x
www.jeanniegems.co.uk
www.jeanniegems.etsy.com

ejralph

I agree with George - it's not worth worrying about

I got registered pretty early on - back then, I think the program did have some uses.

Many of us were selling on ebay at the time, which was getting flooded with mass-produced stuff being sold in a very similar way to proper artisan beads. Especially if these people were using stolen photos, it could be hard for buyers to really know when they came across a new seller if they were bonafide or not.

The feedback from many customers was positive and that they did appreciate seeing the logo on an auction page when finding new beadmakers to buy from. There were also lots of buyers who were very new to buying lampwork beads and didn't always know the telltale signs to look out for. Some were getting stung and getting turned off lampwork altogether.

So I think the motives behind the programe, given the time and circumstances in which it was born was a good one.

Things are a little different now though - firstly, less of us sell in the same marketplace as the factory-tat anyway. There are probably less buyers these days, but they are more savvy. Or because of the nature of how we sell now - facebook, twitter, our own sites etc - we are able to have more dialogue with them and show ourselves and who we are more easily. That wasn't so easy on ebay.

So probably the purpose of having a logo and a register is less important these days anyway.

IF... the SRA site was really kept up to date and everyone who applied was processed quickly, it's my belief people would still be in favour of it in general. We are all smart enough to know that a logo means jack really and that we can still call ourselves SRA. But if it were there and the wheels were running smoothly, it would do no harm for anyone and we would all see it as overall a positive thing.

I think the problem is that it has been so haphazardly dealt with over the years, that its stirred up negativity in people. Which I understand totally.

I really think it would still be worth having if they got their act together. But for anyone who cannot get registered, it really doesn't matter these days. We all have so many more ways of connecting with an educating our buyers.

Emma

Carol

Quote from: Jeanniegems on January 27, 2012, 10:39:56 AM
Good Luck with changing anything at a later date, I've been trying for the past two years to get my website entered correctly!

Jeannie x

Snap........ ::)
Carol