Laura McCabe Lantern Lighter Necklace

Started by SallyB, January 06, 2012, 09:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SallyB

Hello Everyone

I finished my variation on Laura McCabe's Lantern Lighter Necklace and am very pleased with it.  Here's a photo:

Has anyone else finished anything lately they'd like to share?

Happy New Year
Sally

Madam Steph

That is awesome, Sally.
Beautifully worked and such rich colours,
Well done you!

Linda x

June

Jennie Lamb

WOW!  I LOVE that it is absolutely stunning Sally  really Stunning!   I am completely in awe of seed work I would never have the patience.  I have just dipped my toe in the water with beading jewellery and have just finished a piece based on Stephanie Sersich method of macrame style cord made from scratch and hand knotting beads into it..... I loved doing it but it took forever!!

SallyB

Hi

Macrame is not something I've tried yet but I can imagine it would take a while to do.  The necklace you've made is a great way to show off a lot of lampwork beads which I'm all in favour of.

I'm afraid I can't claim any glory for the colour choice.  It's a kit from Laura and I agree the colours are stunning.  She has a brilliant eye for that.

Sally

Ant

Quote from: SallyB on January 06, 2012, 09:28:32 PM
Hello Everyone

I finished my variation on Laura McCabe's Lantern Lighter Necklace and am very pleased with it.  Here's a photo:

Has anyone else finished anything lately they'd like to share?

Happy New Year
Sally

Wow Sally, that's fab!  How many years did it take you to make it?!  :o

SallyB

Morning

It didn't take too long. Probably a few months with some gaps while I found the beads I'd run out of.

Sally

Pam

Lush!

Stunning is the word I need to use too!

Love Jennie's necklace also  ;D

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Madam Steph

While we are on about Laura McCabe, I'm quite ashamed to say that lampworking having taken over, I STILL haven't returned to the cuff from the Laura McCabe Masterclass I attended last September  :-[

L x

nemeton

And I still haven't showed you a photo of my Lamplighter bead  :-[

Wow Sally and Jennie, two fabulous pieces in such very different styles - love them both!  ;D
Lynn

Keep up with me on Facebook or my blog

justjules

that's beautiful Sally. I did Laura's Treasure Necklace class last year & have just one more locket to go before I can assemble everything!

SallyB

I hope to see a photo of the Treasures necklace when you've done.  they take a while don't they.

Look forward to seeing the finished bead embroidery cuff if you ever get around to feeling like finishing it.  It is hard to fit everything in isn't it.

Sally

noora