Pearl Encrusted Collar

Started by Isabelle, November 12, 2011, 02:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaysieMay

Cor blimey - that's breathtaking  ;D
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

sangemarie

Wow, That is absolutely beautiful... :) :)

Blue Kiln Beads

I have been known to do bit of beadweaving myself so I have a pretty good idea of the hours of work that have gone into this  :o It is beautiful!
Yvette Goodridge
www.bluekilnbeads.blogspot.com
www.bluekilnbeads.etsy.com

Diane

Beautiful indeed - a work of art!
Diane x

sea-thistle

★★Terri★★

OMG! :o

That is just..............stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you weave or embroider it?

Isabelle

LOL! That would be so funny!!
Hi Terri! - it's embroidered, and backed with grey Ultrasuede :)

kathsd

ooooooerr that's gorgeous, looks like it was a labour of love,  I could just see it on a grand lady in some period drama!
kath

Shirl

I keep coming back to look at this...it is so beautiful!

How on earth did you make it?

Isabelle

Thanks Kath and Shirl - just lots and lots of sewing!

Shirl

Do you mean you start with cloth and just stitch the beads to it? (sorrry to seem to stupid )

Isabelle

Pretty much! It is quite a quick thing to learn,  - there are some videos on YouTube, and a few really good books if you fancy having a go. :)

Les

Thats just beautiful Izzy !!!!

★★Terri★★

I've done some cuffs with bead embroidery - nothing as stunning as this though - using ultrasuade and a cuff blank.  It always takes longer than you think it will, a loads more beads than you thought it would.  But, I prefer it to weaving.  I love the look of bead weaving, but just don't have the aptitude or patience.

I would love a collar like this - but I never seem to have the opportunity to wear such a stunning piece. :'(

You've got me thinking now - I have been trying to think of a piece of jewellery for my elder daughter for christmas - perhaps a pearl encrusted cuff will be just the job! ;D

jammie