Galaxy Bead Tutorial

Started by Veebee, June 24, 2011, 07:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yellow friend

Thanks for the tut Vee, it's very well written. - I needed some inspiration so will go and have a play.
Love your version Kaz.

Shelia :)
www.crocosmiajewellery.com
www.crocosmiajewellery.etsy.com

k00m

Oh well, I've tried three separate times now and every time I've got brown sludge. It looks brown before I reduce it, doesn't change when I reduce it and doesn't change when I attempt to burn it off. It just sits there and looks brownly at me.  :( I've also tried not reducing it as I thought the hot head might be doing that naturally but it made no difference.
Only thing I can think of it that I'm using doubled up leaf (have even tried quadrupled leaf with no success) as I have no foil and if that's the problem I'll just have to wait until I'm rich enough to buy some foil. Grumble mumble humph.
- Kerra -

Veebee

Hmm, maybe just try the leaf singly then, but burnish it really well before you burn it off. I must admit I wanted to make a couple more the other day and for some reason I ended up with a couple of Ok "organic" beads  :-\ That could be down to atmospheric conditions or I was over reducing / over marvering. I will try to come up with a better explaination for you though  ;D
Web: http://www.veebeads.net
The UK home of Val Cox frit!!
Fritt Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1647822@N25/

k00m

Thanks Veebee.  :)  I'll give that a go tomorrow and let you know if I have any success.
- Kerra -

c-glass

wow thankyou, it looks wonderful cant wait to play!!! ;D

Purple Cobwebs

Well, I had a go at this, but wasn't too successful  :(

However, beaded up with some Swarovski pearls and Swarovski crystals, it doesn't look too bad!

Gaynor
Making beads, cards and jewellery to raise funds for Viva and Dr Hadwens Trust!
www.purplecobwebs.co.uk

Nicknack

I tried the other day, and mine turned out grey, too.  I'll have to have another go when I can get some torch time.

Nick