Didymium Bench Mounted Shield

Started by ♥♥Tan♥♥, March 19, 2011, 05:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ilona

Do they have them out to try on the benches at The Flame Off? I am very interested now in one of these. I would just like to try before I buy.

Gordon

I used to use two pairs of glasses then my wife bought me a shield for my birthday ( last October ) once I got used to it and where it was in my play space, so I stopped clattering glass rods and stuff on it, I found it to be 100% better that the multiple specs idea.

PS
did / does anyone else suffer from diddy glasses steaming up as well, just to add to the misery ?

Judith

I have a shield and I wouldn't be without it either. Mine is hung from the ceiling, working around it takes a little bit of getting used to but for me it was definitely worth it.
Before I had it I was a 2 pair of glasses girl and yes I got steamed up too  ;D

sarah t

i like the idea of top mounted one like those trendy lights on a bungy thingy ......but i think the temptation to look round it might be the issue for me ?

i do find two pairs of glasses a bit of a pain ...when adding mask into the mix as well if using enamels .....and could not say how many times i have picked up the wrong rod because diddys change the colour  

MadelineBunyan

hmmm...yes, now that I'll be in the new studio with the low sloping ceiling, I could mount it from there...hmmmm
no, must not spend more money just yet!

firedinglass

Quote from: Judith on March 19, 2011, 11:10:42 PM
I have a shield and I wouldn't be without it either. Mine is hung from the ceiling, working around it takes a little bit of getting used to but for me it was definitely worth it.
Before I had it I was a 2 pair of glasses girl and yes I got steamed up too  ;D

Hi Judith any chance of a picture to show how you have fixed it to hang from the ceiling :)

www.facebook.com/firedinglass
http://www.etsy.com/shop/firedinglass
Lisa

♥♥Tan♥♥

Sal, thankyou for your offer but I have decided to go for it and get one, this sounds like the way to go for me, especially with the two glasses misery thing.

SO if anyone is selling one then please pm me, otherwise I shall be purchasing one in May ;D

Hotglass28

Not sure if its of use to you Tan.

I was watching a murano youtube clip and I noticed that the maker was not wearing glasses but had a big piece of glass between her and the bead.  Like A4 size but taller. I wonder if there is a company who makes coated glass that you could buy.  I would be very interested if one existed.

Off to do a spot of googling.
www.facebook.com/pages/The-Owl-Goes-Hoot/567182803365298
www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheOwlGoesHoot?ref=l2-shopheader-name

♥♥Tan♥♥

You guys are a font of amazing info, thankyou. :-*

Redhotsal

Well, funnily enough I spend all day using Lizzie's shield as she brought it with her - and yes, you do get used to the position surprisingly quickly. It is easy to make the mistake of using didy glasses and the screen at the same time, and I definitely had to get used to looking through it as opposed to round it,  ::), but everyone agreed that they're well worth having.

Judith

QuoteHi Judith any chance of a picture to show how you have fixed it to hang from the ceiling :)

Sure Lisa, I will take a photo tomorrow.

Margram

Well I have been gooling glasses and shields all evening because I have managed to lose my diddys! :o :'( I had the kiln  all warmed up and was going to spend a happy afternoon in the shedio ::) I was thinking of upgrading to some snazzy lightweight ones at FO anyway, but now I'm sorely tempted by a shield...decisions, decisions.  Then I was reading old posts about better lenses that filter more infra red light, so I'm even more confused now. Think I'll sleep on it :-\
Marg x  Etsy Flickr My blog

Lizzie

I Just love mine (Thank you Kay for selling it to meeee I just love it )
Sally I'm glad you didn't mind me bringing it, I just have got so used to it I couldn't do without it now.

So go ahead and buy one they are brill  ;D

Lizzie x

♥♥Tan♥♥

Margram

Sal and Lizzie - you've persuaded me!  ;)
Marg x  Etsy Flickr My blog