AOTM January 2011 - Resolutions

Started by sparrow, January 01, 2011, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lush!

Biggest job on my To Do list: work out what the heck I'm going to demo at Flame Off :o

Most exciting job: order skip and get started on my new studio  ;D

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

disandland

Well, mine concern silver mostly, although a bit of glass has crept in!

1.  Work in a more financially effective way - i.e. stop going off at a tangent and experimenting with stuff and using up the silver stock that was meant for tried and tested items
2.  Post regularly on my blog
3.  Sort my website out
4.  Develop a silver 'components' range that is different from George's!
5.  Open (or reopen!) an Etsy shop and ask to be part of the FHF street team (part done)
6.  Play with, develop and refine a couple of lampwork findings I have in mind
7.  Make some money so I can afford my own lampwork set up

love Di x

Redkite

Well, apart from the usual (spend more time in the shed), I'd like to develop more of a designer approach to beads. Rather than constantly experimenting and doing one-offs, I'd like to start working on techniques, making co-ordinated sets and developing colour schemes that work! I'd also like to keep improving my silver work to make classier jewellery!

★★Terri★★

Work on encasing.
Making neater stringers and get the hang of twisties and try murrinis :o
Make focals that are interesting to look at.
Make some of the ceramics ideas that have been swimming in my head for ages.
Coring Big Hole Beads.
Find the patience to try and make sets (it starts to become a chore after the 4th or 5th one)

I think that's enough to get me started........

GaysieMay

QuoteBiggest job on my To Do list: work out what the heck I'm going to demo at Flame Off

What about your cute little buttons?  I'd love to know how you make them, not the ones made on two pronged mandrel, but with the thread hole underneath?  They are so lovely, I've been almost tempted to dust off the sewing machine!

My new years glassy resolution, has to be to make the garage a 'nicer' place to be, its not a very inspiring space.  A few notice boards with glassy goodies might help!
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

SilverGems89

Quote from: Gay on January 02, 2011, 09:44:21 AM
QuoteBiggest job on my To Do list: work out what the heck I'm going to demo at Flame Off

What about your cute little buttons?  I'd love to know how you make them, not the ones made on two pronged mandrel, but with the thread hole underneath?  They are so lovely, I've been almost tempted to dust off the sewing machine!

YES YES YES, i'd love to see these too Julie, or hearts  ;D

Lush!

I might just squeeze a little button in there, I've got plenty of time to fill!  ;D

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

mazmeabead

My first resolution is already underway quit smoking AGAIN on new years eve - had a slip today but know I can and will do it!!

Second resolution is to toughen up a bit more... Then

Next resolution is to diet and get healthy..

And another one is to help my son get his life on track

Glassy resolutions would be to get back in the shed for at least 4 hours a week.
Maz x

sparrow

Loving these - don't forget to keep us updates on progress!  ;D
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

Ilona

My New Years Resolution is to loose weight put on after going cold turkey giving up the cigs.
Get the garden back in shape and turn it into a giant veg patch.
And spend as much time beading as possible :)

Curlybird

My msin one is to get my old conservatory converted into a studio.   The plan's there.   It's actually made from 3 sets of patio doors, so the north face is coming down to be replaced by a straw bale wall that a friend is building for me.   Then the floor will be insulated and re-laid, and the roof taken off and replaced by a really well insulated one - possibly one of the 'green' roofs I've seen around.   I've already got a calor fire to take the chill off in the winter!!!   That will leave me with south and west facing doors, which should make a really nice space.

Then I want to learn how to make godesses and decent twisties.   My godesses all look rather odd, and the twisties are all thin and lean.   And I'm hoping that the heart press that my DH ordered at the beginning of December - just as it started snowing - will finally turn up.

On top of that I need to loose weight and get fit after spending five years fighting polymyalgia, which has finally about cleared up.

Then I think I'll need a rest.....   ;D ;D ;D

Anne
Anne

helenfc

I need to get back into updating my blog regularly again, have been so busy over the last month he has been neglected!
Glass wise, my new tile press has just arrived and I'm dying to get to grips with it, thats tomorrows plan. And I have some degree show ideas mulling around that really need to be put into practice! Oh and I'm going to have a go at a goddess by the end of the week too :)
Cant wait to see how everyone gets on with theirs! x

suzielaws

I want to spend more time with my children rather than dragging them to the post office all of the time to send off beads, taking phone calls and updating websites etc. My youngest starts school in September so gonna do less beading and more mummy time, growing up too quickly think I need another one!

Black Heart Beads

My resolution is to spend at least as much time making beads as I do shopping for glass  :-[

Helen G

I've got a few but not necessarily in this order!

1. Stop checking Facebook every hour  :-[
2. Get more organised with my time so I get out in the studio before midday
3. Take my poor neglected pooch for a walk every day
4. Be less grumpy with the kids
5. Drink less so I don't have to lie when I go for a heart check up  :-[
6. Keep my paperwork more up to date
7. Keep up to date with my blogging, photographing, bead listing etc
8. Keep better control of my finances!!!