What's the pink all about?

Started by Kaz, September 30, 2010, 07:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeldazog

Quote from: Lush! on September 30, 2010, 10:09:09 AM

Quote from: rocky on September 30, 2010, 08:54:45 AM
here's to Pink October (isn't that a film??)
Dx

Is that the one where all the nice boys get together on a sub?  ;D ;D

It's the one where Sean Connery plays a Russian captain, with a scottish accent (does Sean Connery play it any other way??)

noora

Oh my, that's definitely pink  :o

I'm involved in a fundraiser that started out at a beading forum. We're making charms (originally we were going to do it for the "international charm day" earlier this year, but the project kind of grew...) and will sell lottery tickets at a large beading event next week. First prize is a charm bracelet made with some of the charms, and we'll have a bunch of smaller prizes comprised of the rest of the charms :) The money from the lottery will go to the Swedish cancer fund. My charms will of course feature my own lampwork beads :)

DragonflyLynne

for chain maille supplies, kits & workshops, bespoke headpins, earwires and more! Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crispy and taste good with ketchup! Dragonfly (Lynne)

Kaz

Just in case anyone was not clear about how you get to the link to donate - all you have to do is click on the FH logo or the banner that is appearing in every page!
Looking for lots of ideas now for fundraising - I have a couple cooking up.......
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

♥♥Tan♥♥

Yup, I was the tuppence who couldn't see where to donate despite all the big DONATE HERE things :-[

Dragonfire Glass

Thought I had a problem with my monitor!

Great idea  ;D

Kaz

I have upped the target to £500 given how much progress we have made so far - so the pink is not going just yet ;D ;D ;D
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Dickie

£500 will be easy !!! ;)

Come on Guys we can do it
Dickie-Oh yes! Follow me on Twitter @DickieDooda

Steampunkglass

Great idea, and great cause!!! I'm going to have to wear my boro shades to view the site until enough money is raised, it's very bright!   ;D :D ;D

mizgeorge

YAY!
Got to the original target in less than a day :)

This place rocks!!!

(and I'm dead proud to be part of it)

Les

Chameleon

Would it be possible to have a little area somewhere for funraising things ??  :)

sparrow

Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

Chameleon

you superstar, thank you will go stick my idea on it  ;D

Pat from Canvey

I'll probably be shouted down but can I just say the pink forum colour makes me cringe every time I open it. As autism runs in my family and not breast cancer, I support the National Autistic Society and some other charities such as the Lifeboats. Pink is not a favourite colour of mine, although  I have been known to make an occasional pink based bead with lots of other colours on top.