Main Menu

Flower Marble video

Started by Steampunkglass, September 23, 2010, 10:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steampunkglass

I've had alot of people asking me how I put the flowers inside my marbles, including some thinking I buy the flower and just stick glass around them, and others thinking I must do something with real flowers (which I guess is a compliment although how a flower would stand up to hot glass I don't know!)

So I made this little video, which I had to start ten minutes in as my camera doesn't have enough memory! I speeded it all up as I thought 36 minutes of me twiddling glass with nowt happening would be dull.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CidEt0mJfdQ

Cecilia

Brilliant, beautiful, thank you. You must have so much patience, I would rush at it I'm sure.

X

garishglobes

You mean, you don't stick the flowers in liquid nitrogen to freeze them, and then cover in liquid glass? ???  ;D ;D

Beautiful video, I'm in awe of the smoothness with which you do it all - if I'd done it, it would've been full of rehashes and 'doh' moments!! :D  ;D

julieHB

Coor, you are a fast worker, Glenn!  :D Great video - hmmm, wonder if I should have a go in soft glass...  :)
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

liquidglass

That's a great big fat WOW!!, brilliant video.

hollergrafik

very clever Glenn, I can only dream of doing that. Thanks for sharing.

DragonflyLynne

I really enjoyed watching your video Glenn, thank you! Just brilliant :)

for chain maille supplies, kits & workshops, bespoke headpins, earwires and more! Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crispy and taste good with ketchup! Dragonfly (Lynne)

MadelineBunyan

great to see that! thanks

all the signs are there *must get out boro again soon*

jammie

Wow Glenn that was great to watch. The end bit where you are nearly finished and turning the marble on the glass  rod reminded me of the guys that do the plate spinning on the end of a pole.  :)

Steampunkglass

Thank you everyone! I think this was my third attempt, I made one video without diddies in front of the camera and only got film of yellow flares, and another where I ran out of film - which was just as I dropped the marble off the end of the punty!  :o :o

Ian Pearson

Impressed with camera work as glass work. Good one Glenn. Please do more

Ian

polly put the kettle on

Fantastic work
Really enjoyed the video
thanks for sharing

Sally xx
sallyx

mariag

Fantastic video Glenn, thanks ;D

Dragonfire Glass