HELP!my mapp gas canister is freezing up after 10mins

Started by the lady with the lamp, August 21, 2010, 04:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the lady with the lamp

???my mapp gas canister is freezing up after 10mins but it sounds like theres plenty left can anyone help me

Hazer

Welcome to the world of Mapp gas ;) Try placing it the bottom of the cannister in a bucket of warm water or wrap it in a towel to warm it up; when it's cold, the pressure drops and the gas stops. Or I generally just wander off for a while and come back to it, and it's readjusted itself by then. HTH :)
ContinuumDesigns- artisan polymer clay beads for one-of-a-kind designs.

The FHFTeam - featuring glass, jewellery and art handmade in the UK.

the lady with the lamp

::) I'm going to set my torch up to use propane,i need to bead,getting withdrawal symptoms

Krysia@No98

A hot water bottle is also good, but then you end up with a very hot leg while you try and balance it  ::)
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

Meagan Lily

When I had a HotHead I used to have 2 canisters on the go at the same time and keep swapping them over.....pain in the proverbial though!

metaltedgrrl

I found this too, and got through loads of cannisters before I realised they weren't empty, just out of pressure...
I used to stand my can in a 'stand' cut from a piece of foan insulating board, but in the end the expense of the cans got too great and I switched to bulk fuel...oxycon followed shortly after - damned expensive addictive hobby this is...  :P
Trying harder every day!

isc

I had two cannisters too but it still drove me insane and I very quickly went to bulk propane. I'd read about other people's fustrations but didn't appreciate how much of a pain it was until it happened to me. I have a handful of chick pea shaped beads from when it ran out :)
Clare x

liquidglass

Just the same thing happened to me half an hour ago, it just stopped, bah!! dam thing is still cold.