show and tell archive

Started by mummydude, July 15, 2010, 06:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mummydude

the technique not the press  ;)

After all your great tips and advice I persevered and marked my mandrels and voila, my first lentils and a pillow!!
Yay, proper grown up beads....

..now I just need to find someone to anneal them for me as can't afford a kiln yet  :(

'scuse the bead poo and crappy pics

Vix

Pegasus

Hi All,
I know there are lots of our Graphite Cavity Bead Shapers out there, so come on over and show us what you got! I will start with a few examples that I've made, which some of you will have already seen at the Flame Off.

Having tested every cavity myself, I know that some shapes are much easier to make than others, so, I promise to be at your service in this thread to offer my help, advice and guidance for anyone who may want some.

READY....................STEADY.......................GO!!!

Here's a small selection, but you can see all my sample beads on my FLICKR pages, just click here http://www.flickr.com/photos/35302800@N02/

CYLINDER COMBO by Pegasus Lampwork, on Flickr

ORNATE COMBO by Pegasus Lampwork, on Flickr

ORNATE COMBO by Pegasus Lampwork, on Flickr

CURVED CONE - MY FAVORITE! by Pegasus Lampwork, on Flickr

EGG COMBO - LARGEST CAVITY by Pegasus Lampwork, on Flickr

ORNATE COMBO - 'man in a hat' bead!!! by Pegasus Lampwork, on Flickr

~ BEV ~
www.pegasuslampworktools.co.uk      

MadelineBunyan

ok, these are nothing special yet, but I figured since I won the beautiful oval beadshaper, I had better show some beads! (thinking about it though, maybe I should wait and show some beads that are actually worthy of the prize?...nah you wanna see em right?)

heres my rounds:

and my Kaz bead, which was actually the first bead I ever made with the beadshaper

and my ovals

I only really used the end of the cavity for these, they come out sort of stubbier than the cavity this way. that stringer line on the purple on makes the end look wonky. the end isn't wonky, the stringer is. was trying to prove to myself I can do stringer work on the minor...erm, only sort of. bobcat for stringer work methinks. plus grasshopper was a really stoopid colour choice!

bit more on the blog (not alot more actually) bit more about why these beads really aren't that good. been distracted you see.

flowerjasper

being a bit of a stubby bicone shape myself i thought this is the roller for me  ;D

sandy

MadelineBunyan

some better beadshaper beads! my other ones were a bit of an odd assortment

helbels

Now that Veebee has got her Val Cox Frit shop open, I for one would love to see what everyone has been doing with their new found frit!

The Tartan Trout

Mine arrived the other day, but as I have been busy with kids, cat and 3 day fair I havn't had time to play properly. These are my first and only 2 so far. I used Effetre Kryptonite.

P5020441 by The Tartan Trout, on Flickr

The Tartan Trout

OK I think it's Gold Pink. My friend has the packet as we shared and I put mine in a jar. Anyway its over dark lavender and encased. I love it :)

P5020423 by The Tartan Trout, on Flickr

helenfc

Oh go on then!  ;)
Thats a gorgeous set Helen, and Sarah those are good enough to eat! :)

B4 by helenfchalmers, on Flickr

Right, so these are (clockwise from right of the bow) Enchanted, Fleeting Beauty, Parasol, Forest Nymph, Cherry Blossoms, African Violet. All on Vetro Seashell aswell! (wish we could get that glass here!)

xxx

poledra1958

Got around to playing with my roller the other day

(not a good picture)

HH on Bulk,

Veebee

Ooh, the bicones are lovely, and the ribbed ones are very cool!

I've had my first play with my ornate combo  ;D these are all slightly wonky, but I'm pleased none the less!

Thanks Bev, what a fab tool!
Web: http://www.veebeads.net
The UK home of Val Cox frit!!
Fritt Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1647822@N25/

Alison G

NB. Do not touch hot rods of glass, it is stupid.

Veebee

Love the frit painting Alison!

I just realised I should put these in, I know you've seen them in the Gallery but they belong here to:

All Fairy Dust on: (from the middle out) R. Antique Clear, Eff Teal and CiM Atlantis
Web: http://www.veebeads.net
The UK home of Val Cox frit!!
Fritt Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1647822@N25/

Trudi

Pretty beads so far!!!

These were made with Enchanted

Enchanted Lanterns (1) by Glittering Prize - Trudi, on Flickr

Hydrengea Blue

Blue Flower Swirl Buttons by Glittering Prize - Trudi, on Flickr

Fleeting Beauty

Fleeting Beauty In A Spin by Glittering Prize - Trudi, on Flickr

Forest Nymph

Woodland Nuggets by Glittering Prize - Trudi, on Flickr

cbeadies

These are Forest Nymph, I was pleased with this set...one of my first attempts at using murrrini and the disc roller too!
I thought I would have a few others to show but sadly they cracked in the kiln  >:(.

Jill x