champagne bubbles, how to..

Started by madpup, July 13, 2010, 03:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madpup

Thought i'll have a bash at this, there are two going up
but this one is there now...enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj12N9IMF0Q
Instead of getting married again, I'm going to find a woman I don't like and just give her a house.

www.madpup.co.uk

madpup

Instead of getting married again, I'm going to find a woman I don't like and just give her a house.

www.madpup.co.uk

beadammed

Thanks for that.  I wondered how it was done
Geraldine
www.etsy.com/uk/shop/strikingglassstudios

★★Terri★★

I have been playing with champange bubbles for a couple of weeks - and found them surprisingly easy to achieve (or perhaps beginners luck).  Only trouble is loads of the beads I have used them in have cracked on the mandrel.  But then I have been putting murrini in and pressing them as well. 

Terri

madpup

Terri i have not had a problem with cracking (touch wood) are you using soft glass (104)
or it might be the clear, i have heard of some peps having trouble with certain clears?
thanks beadammed, i try to please lol.

www.madpup.co.uk

★★Terri★★

Yes I am using Eff crystal clear.  Some crack - some don't.  The crack always follows the line of the hole along the mandrel and is on both sides of the bead.  I am sure it is something I am doing wrong - but when I use other glasses to make lentils they don't crack ???