Pegasus

~ BEV ~
www.pegasuslampworktools.co.uk      

JewelsK

Geektastic and fascinating stuff there - thanks :-D

beadysam

Quote from: Redhotsal on June 14, 2010, 11:31:18 AM
Quote from: Terri on June 14, 2010, 10:50:32 AM
Wow Sal......you ever thought of writing a proper book?

Yeah - but Joan beat me to it! LOL Only kidding  ;) . Well, I started writing a book a few years ago but it got to over 200 pages. I dont' write very concisely so I have to force myself to rein in a little. Then I made some DVDs and then loads of people came out with various e-tuts and so on so the book project got a bit shelved. Would like to revisit it sometime but never quite found the time......

Glad it's helped a few people.

SAL:
I refuse to buy e-tutes but I'm a book-a-holic, and you know I've wanted you to do a book for years! ;D  And I want one of the first signed copies please ;)  There is nothing like flicking through a beautiful book with lots of drooly pics and text that makes you smile, while sipping a cuppa with your feet up.  My idea of heaven!  If my house burned down, books would be what I missed most.

I also think it would be worth you jotting down your trials and tribulations you've gone through in the process of setting up the shop, it would make a fab book or series in a mag!  You have a clear way of writing, you simplify things without dumbing down, and yet you inject humour too.  A geeky glass book, somewhere between idiots guide and scientific text book would be fab!

Redhotsal

Quote from: beadysam on June 17, 2010, 10:45:29 PM

I also think it would be worth you jotting down your trials and tribulations you've gone through in the process of setting up the shop, it would make a fab book or series in a mag! 

Heh - Carvers "How Not To....." Series..!  ;)

TracyJayne

That was an interesting post, thank you, one of those 'oh yeah' moments, when things just click into place!   ;D

flaming beads

Really interesting stuff here...thankyou :)

Kilo Lemur Beads

wow! thank you Sal! I'm six weeks in to my Journey of Glass, got a mass of glass and I am only just figuring out all of it's potential. Thank you very much. I shall go play now  ;D x

LilLizaJane

I'm a newbie too (this is my first post!) - and you made it all so easy to understand, so thanks! Now all I have to do is put it correctly into practice ...!
maintaining eccentricity in the midst of madness
www.LilLizaJane.etsy.com.  (aka Beth)

CindiDee

Thanks Sal - very informative post!

Vikkijayne

tomcat

and I thougth I was just going to play with glass and make a few beads and see what i got. Now i have to study alchemy, anyone got an alembic? ;D

But seriously folks, great thread with lots of info in easily understood text, no mean feat given the subject matter, well done Sal and others. it helps me to understand what it going on and why when I apply lots of heat to coloured glass !
Mark - Blog - http://beadsbeerandphotos.blogspot.co.uk/
Life is not a game - its THE game, so play it like you mean it
A Long time ago in Egypt cats were worshipped as Gods, cats have not forgotten this !

RSimmons

There is an article on flame/surface interactions and art glass in Microscopy Today from Sept 1020.  Got to the URL below, open the Archive and look for issue volume 18, issue 05. There is a similar article in The Glass Bead from this past winter.

http://www.microscopy-today.com/index.jsf

Robert
Robert Simmons
Bead Donations Director
Beads of Courage, Inc.

Dragonfire Glass

I think this was mentioned at the time - the article looks very familiar  :)

RSimmons

Well, I guess it's good to know that the article made it this far and didn't sink like a stone.  :) I'm working on another involving mists generated from cold working processes.

Robert
Robert Simmons
Bead Donations Director
Beads of Courage, Inc.

garishglobes

QuoteI'm working on another involving mists generated from cold working processes
Sounds like a November morning in the Lakes.    ;D ;D   

But also very interesting  :)