Main Menu

Applying Murrini Video

Started by Kaz, March 25, 2010, 08:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

♥♥Tan♥♥

pixiewillow

You make it look sooooooo easy kaz!!
Can I be really cheeky and ask what you use to cut your murrini? I have some tile nippers but they just explode them everywhere.  For one decent murrini cut I have a whole load of frit on the counter that was probably about 10 other attempts!!
www.pixiewillow.etsy.com
www.pixiewillowdesigns.com
A mans idea of multi tasking is breathing & blinking at the same time.

♥♥Tan♥♥

Flipping heck Lorna you must be gutted :'(

pixiewillow

It drives me mad Tan!! They splinter everywhere  :'(
Maybe I should just buy the from Kaz  ;D ;D ;D ;D
www.pixiewillow.etsy.com

♥♥Tan♥♥

They take so much bloody work to make just to shatter them all to pieces, I bet you curse like a cursey thing dont you?

Kaz's gorgeousess is the safe and fun option, always take the safe and fun option I say ;)

pixiewillow

Believe me Tan there is lots of fluffing and fudging in my shed when I am attempting to cut them!!

www.pixiewillow.etsy.com

pixiewillow

Ooooops just went shopping  ;D ;D
www.pixiewillow.etsy.com

Trudi

Just had a quick go, bead is in the kiln but looking goog me thinks!!

Lorna I use the ones with a wheel cutter!

pixiewillow

I have looked at those but they are so expensive I wanted to be sure that they work before shelling out for them  :-\
www.pixiewillow.etsy.com

mad bunny

Great video Kaz.  Think I will have to have a play with my silver glass murrini I bought ages ago from the states, but have been too chicken to play with  ;)
Practice and Patience really does pay off!  Beads actually looking good  Yippee  :o

Trudi

Quote from: pixiewillow on March 27, 2010, 03:24:26 PM
I have looked at those but they are so expensive I wanted to be sure that they work before shelling out for them  :-\

They do  - this is the brand to buy http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Leponitt-Mosaic-Tile-Carbide-Wheel-Nippers-Glass-Cutter_W0QQitemZ310151152424QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMosaic_Tiles?hash=item4836730328  not sure if you may get a better deal if you shop around!

♥♥Tan♥♥

I have read very good things about that style on the forums myself I should imagine they are much gentler than the grindy ones

Kaz

Lorna - when I first started making these, I had similar problems with some of the cutting even with the mosaic cutters. My first batch of Multicolour Mermaid did that splitting thing and I think it was down to either air (bubbles) being trapped between the layers or the underneath layer being too cold when the next layer was applied. Unlike normal encasing, it seems to help when the underneath layer is just a little bit warm but not melting.
HTH
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!