Main Menu

Applying Murrini Video

Started by Kaz, March 25, 2010, 08:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaz

Yes, it was a present from Diane for warming murrini but got hi-jacked for its true purpose.
Did you spot the bead by Di East sitting on top of the plug socket?
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

princess pink

That is brilliant! Thanks honey! I now know i've been over heating and over squishing em!!! Xx

Diane

QuoteYes, it was a present from Diane for warming murrini but got hi-jacked for its true purpose.
Kazx

I'd forgotten all about them - I'll have to dig mine out ;D

Redhotsal

Studio Girl

Smashing video Kaz
Lookforward to the next one

Helen G

Ooo I've been sooooo frustrated by this as I've only had my iphone for the last few days and it wouldn't play on that!!
It was worth the wait though, great video with nice clear commentry Kaz  ;D

Lush!

That was great!  (although I must admit, I got a little distracted by the mug warmer too!) 

;D ;D

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

mizgeorge

What a great video Kaz! (and me too on the mug warmer.....)

Trudi

Hi Kaz

That was really helpful to see!! I do tend to heat and press mine too, but not quite as many times as you had. Before I must have got away with it not being too complex - now I'm going to have another go as per the video (seeing it done really does make you appreciate exactly what you mean by gentle heating and pressing!)

I made this with your murrini

But i did heat it till it was really flat before I pressed. And I'm wondering if I gave them a little too much heat and they've struck a bit too, and if, as you mentioned after applying the first murrini in the video if I should have left them a little proud and then pressed flat in the press.

Kaz

Hi Trudi
I think those are the zesties that you have used. The bead is very pretty but it looks like they may have been overheated and gone a bit mushy and lost definition in terms of the layers and the lines.
Here are my beads with zesties and a close up

You really need to give minimal heat and pat gently several times. Pressing the final bit in with the press usually works too.
I'll bring you a few extras to the Flame Off.
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

♥♥Tan♥♥

Gorgeous colours though Trudi

Snips

Thank you for the video, my murrini arrived this morning, so now I 'know' what to do with em, can't wait to have a play.

Really appreciate the vid, I've read so many 'written tutorials' on this, but had never appreciated how little heat and how to gently press in, I was practically squishing them to death before.  Good job I was only ruining mass produced things and not your lovely ones.

J
Jackie :-)

Margram

QuoteHere are my beads with zesties and a close up
No, they are my beads now!  ;D and they are on my beading mat waiting to be made up. ;)

Great video - you can read some instructions again and again, but to see it done makes things a lot clearer - thank you :)
Oh, and I like Trudi's ones too - nice to get different effects...
Marg x  Etsy Flickr My blog

Bumpy Beads

Great tutorial Kaz.

Trudi, I really love the ribbon effect in your bead.
Heather

My Etsy Shop

Trudi

Thanks for the comments guys! I'm looking forward to having a play tomorrow now!!! Let's see how I get on take 2!!!