Another stained glass question.

Started by ♥♥Tan♥♥, March 20, 2010, 02:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

♥♥Tan♥♥

Ok, so, I want to do a panel, I don't know what size or what design but it will come to me when all the equipment is laid out in front of me. This is where I stumble. I have had a look at lead came and they come in various sizes, can any of you point me in the direction of a 'general' size, if there is such a thing?

Pat from Canvey

Quarter inch H came. Have a look at http://www.freepatternsforstainedglass.com/lead-came.html for many tips on tools, designs and working methods, Tan. Email me if you have other queries, Chipboard is about the easiest to use as a base for working. You can also look at www.dfly.com to get a 30 day free trial of their software program for designing stained glass. I bought the program ages ago and it has uses other than for glass. Mosaics and quilting spring to mind. If you don't already have a glass cutter, don't lash out on an expensive one to start with. A simple ball end one bought from a glazier will do the job just as well.

Pat from Canvey

Here's a very bad photo of a copperfoil panel I made about 15 years ago,

♥♥Tan♥♥

Pat, you are a star thankyou so much. I got to the site, was happily filling the basket and was absolutely stumped at the different sizes of came, I had visions of buying completely the wrong thing and it looking just awful!!

That panel is amazing, what a lot of cutting, its beautifully laid out and colour matched, it must have taken you days, what size is it?

Thankyou for the link to the freepatterns site, I did a google but so much came up I got a bit lost wondering around sites, the software looks good too.

Pat.......you may be getting some desperate emails in the near future ;D

Billie