Where or how to get a fuschia pink look dichro glass

Started by chocolateteapot, October 24, 2009, 08:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chocolateteapot

Has anyone got a good layering receipe for dichroic pink? like a fuscha pink.

They dont sell it at warm glass. I would be VERY happy to buy some if anyone knows where i can get some.

The combos i have tried havent been all that good. Fushia pink bulseye on white is awful..doesnt look fushia..so not even a decent base.

I am stuck but surely it must be out there somewhere?
Any ideas?
Thanks
Tracy
no...don't throw that in the landfill..maybe i can use it..for something..or ...

Zeldazog

I don't know the exact colour for sure, but looking at the Warm Glass dichroics, I had one which can only be Green/magenta (on black) - where the pink really is a hot hot pink - how about that, topped with the light pink striker?

bluefairy

This is the Green/Magenta on black that Dawn mentioned, this has just got a clear cap on it, so if you put light pink striker over it as Dawn suggested, or maybe even fuchsia iteself, you should get a BOOTIFUL colour!!
Helen xx

My Etsy     My Facebook     My Folksy

chocolateteapot

oooohhh thanks ladies.....its so difficult these days...u know when u start off as a fuser and then get into lampworking too and then someone wants something again that u always meant to get round to experimenting with with the fusing...will have a little play..i think i have some of that green magenta but not sure..does it look quite pink one way then green the other way...but fires much paler? Stuff has got put in wrong bags (by me) so guessing a bit.
Will let u know how i get on....
thanks loves
Tracy xxx
no...don't throw that in the landfill..maybe i can use it..for something..or ...

Zeldazog

Yes, all dichroics should show two colours - that's the whole point! 

They have a transmitted colour and a reflected colour - but on black, you usually find that the colour changes when you look at it from different angles.

I do think the pink striker on top would really intensify the colour - don't forget to show us the results!

chocolateteapot

yeah i know ..was just checking that it was the one that reflect/transmits green like the one i have and not a different colour that i dont know about already. Am off for a break now but will try put a piccie on here if it works..not great at getting piccies on here. And we all know how well dichro photo!!!!! not...
X

Zeldazog

Hmm, just had a look on Warm Glass, and there's several combinations..... (and mine was in a sample pack so I can't be sure which mine was either):

Green/Pink "fires a vibrant pink"

Green/Magenta "a vibrant hot pink"

But there's also Magenta/Green

Hmm, eeny meeny miney mo.....

Sorry, I wasn't being funny Tracy when I said what dichroic was, it was just when I read your question as to whether yours was green/magenta, I wasn't sure if you knew what it meant.... ooops!  I've been asked several times if pieces of mine are dichroic -I rarely use it, but I do used irridized and because it's sparkly, they think it must be dichroic.

Incidentally, I haven't tried fuchsia on on white, but I did try the light pink striker on white or pale pink and that came out really strong pink too, if you weren't specifically after dichroic.

chocolateteapot

Hi, its ok, well have tried fushia on white and it looks awful, have got all the others i think that u have mentioned...but all loose and not bagged up correct. The lady who wants if loves dichro..like me...and it goes without saying she wants dichro. The prob with the green in them is they do show green obviously and she's not keen...i reckon if if i try fushia bullseye over green /pink it might work...i havent got any striker pink. You know how it is at this timeof year...everyone wants something you have got and u end up spending a fortune on minimum orders and postage for something little that u need and it is madness. But i do want to get a good pink. Well i will let u know how i get on but a stuck for time till next wekend now, so if u dont hear from for a bit its cos i not managed to get in there.
Thanks anyway and chat soon
Tracy xx

treacle_mel

Have you tried layering transparent fuchsia bullseye over dichroic silver?  I find you get a true colour if you use dichroic silver on clear, and a beautiful deeper effect when you use dichroic silver on black...

Cheers, Mel
Mel x

chocolateteapot

aha...well that sound like an interesting one....the kiln finished just b4 i went away for a break so i havent actually had chance to look at what i have done so far...but at a quick glance didnt look freat..but that sounds like a good idea..will have a go at that one...thanks a lot..xxxx

treacle_mel

Hi Tracy.
Let us know how you get on.... I love fuchsia, it's one of my favourite colours and the silver dichroic makes it sparkle which makes it even more beautiful (I'm such a magpie!).  ;D

Mel x
Mel x

chocolateteapot

Well i havent had time to do squat...just got back from break with caravan early as dog had diarrhoea in it...so been busy with the rug doctor and cleaning out the van..washing etc...and we getting new retired grey hound tomorra. I had a quick look again at the ones in the kiln  (testers) and one of them looks quite good...it was pink/green on black dichro base with garnet red bullseye on top. I did a lot of testers and that is the nicest and most vibrant. Some of the fushia ones look quite dull. Will try your suggestion when i next put the kiln on.
Right then better go..hateful halloween and i have to dress up and go trick or treating with my kid and hubby and dog...oh joy..worst thing is it always seems to be halloween!!
Would rather be making stuff.
Well let u know how on with silver under pink.
Thanks..Tracy xxx

chocolateteapot

Well finally had a chance to do it...fushia over silver and also did garnet over silver. I think the silver was on black..it looks lovely but is quite dark and not easy to see the depth and richness unless its in the light. But would prob be good if there were multuple cabs arranged necklace style. I personally love it but i need something lighter..maybe i could try the slver on clear under the garnet or fuschia. But my customer did want a black edge type thing...will keep at it.
Tracy x