Main Menu

How to join SRA?

Started by bubblefizz, February 26, 2007, 10:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane

Please don't give up.  I read somewhere that one of the ladies who processes applications only does it every so many weeks.  My friend waited several weeks and mine was processed within a week - same time as hers.
Don't despair I am sure you will hear soon.

Phoenix*

Thanks Billie :) It was Bethany that contacted me and she said the best pics to send were ones that were posted on a forum. I sent her the link to the wave tut thread with my purple group in them. I hope they will be good enough to pass muster!
I sent her the (tidy version) of my studio pic too  :)

i just have a horrible fear of them saying 'oh they're crap you need a LOT more practice'  ;D
Kim :)    &  www.phoenixbeads.co.uk

Billie

I was nervous too.  I'd only been on the torch 6 weeks and the pictures I sent her were my 3rd, 4th and 5th set of beads so the designs were very basic (I think you can see a picture of them in a thread asking for pictures of our first beads a while back)  ;D ;D

Phoenix*

Billie

Q had to post them on behalf as I couldn't get the pictures to upload... can't remember the thread title now but it was a couple of months back at least...  ;)

Phoenix*

can't find it!  :-[ will keep looking though....

Billie

Quote from: Phoenix* on May 17, 2007, 10:44:17 AM
can't find it!  :-[ will keep looking though....

This was one of them

Phoenix*

Looks good to me  :) Love that green!

teagirl

I process the applications for last names starting from A-F.  I do it as and when I have time, but my remit is strictly to check out that the person applying makes their own glass work.  I don't judge quality, quantity or anything else.

I spent two hours this morning, because a number of applications did not give a single link to anything, just an eBay ID (some of them never had an item sold on eBay either, just purchases) and some had 'website in progress' and one had a nasty note asking why it took more than a week to get the number. 

It's a voluntary thing, I do it as and when I have spare time, and I'm happy to do what I do.

If you apply, make it easy for yourself and the person who is going to have to process your application.

Give a link to every answer.  If you have an eBay ID, put the link to your ID in the application.  If you have a website, put the link in, if you have images somewhere, please put in a clickable link.  I spend more than half my time simply doing searches on names, and I'd get through the fifteen applications I did today in half the time if people thought a bit more about how they send in their application.

If you want to have an SRA number, it's easy to do, we don't judge the quality of the work, just that you really DO make your own glass work.

Anyone who is waiting for a number, with a last name from A-F who hasn't been given one or emailed by me, I don't know where your application is because I am now up to date on all the applications sent to me.  So if you're waiting, re-send your application with the links in it to make things faster.  And that goes for anyone, sending them out to any of the people doing this on a voluntary basis.  If you make it easy to check, then it's less work and a shorter time to get things done.

Hope this helps.

-Su

Phoenix*

Thanks Su, that's really helpful  :) :) :)

Vicki

Aw, I'm H :( when are the H's being done???

& thank you to you guys who give up your free time to do it for us ;D

Phoenix*

I just got mine from Bethany...yayy for me I got a number  ;D

you must be soon Vicki ....seeing as I am G....Bethany must have your application :)

Vicki

gwacie

Hiya gang. I have letter G thru L for the SRA project.  Ditto to what Su said for the most part. 

I believe all applications (or most) are first filtered through Melinda, who's genius created the project and who's baby it is as it were.  So first Melinda has to get time to sort thru her inbox and filter the applications out our way or direct you.

Once the applications get to the right volunteer you then wait on our lives (grin).  I usually like to wait until I have a couple at least to process at a time.  I've had 12 processed successfully that came in since last night and have 2 or 3 that I need more info on still.  We are not judging the quality of your work, just that it is your own work as Su said.  However, that being said, it's a little trickier with newbie beads since sometimes (don't be hurt or insulted) they can look like imported beads a bit.  That's why I always ask for a photo of the work space and 3 bead photos.  I figure if you have a workspace you must be making beads, eh? 

If you have sent in an application and haven't heard back by all means resubmit or if you know who handles your part of the alphabet contact that person.  In this day and age of spam filters I believe many can get lost on their way to us ultimately.

Vicki I have no application from you in my box, fyi unless it's one that just was processed last night?

ETA that I second the request to make it easier on us to find your work.  We aren't judging you but how, other than photos, can we know if you are an importer who is trying to get a number for legitimacy (I've actually had 2 of those so far) or a real SRA?  I suppose we could just make you send a beads (grin). 

Les

Oohh.. now that's just plain naughty... ;)