Pleat Bead youtube clip

Started by GlassOcean, March 23, 2009, 09:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlassOcean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP0WCd424c4

Hope it's OK to put this on here, should I have asked the person off of youtube?

Anyway, it is ace and I can't wait to try it!

julieHB

I think this video was made by our very own Afina (Verena)  :)  Her pleat beads are just excellent!!
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Pam

And its as easy as that  ::)
If only.

Mand

OMG  :o Am I winding the wrong way? I was taught to wind the glass rod onto the mandrel turning it away from me ???

Lovely pleats, so many layers, so never going to be able to achieve that. :P

hollergrafik

Quote from: Mand on March 23, 2009, 10:03:42 PM
OMG  :o Am I winding the wrong way? I was taught to wind the glass rod onto the mandrel turning it away from me ???

never seen anyone do that, sounds awkward.

Mand

It is awkward! I will be studying the demos at Flame off with avid interest and detail. :-\

Kaz

You should be winding the glass by turning the mandrel away from you (as Afina does in the video with the base bead and the final encasing). Seems like when she adds the twistie she does it the other way round and actually thinking about it, it makes sense as you could control it much easier doing it through the flame rather than at the side of the flame. I may try this!
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

flowerjasper

and twist the twistie as you put it on ( the right way!) to make the twists more pronounced
she does make it look soooo easy  :o
sandy

hollergrafik

Quote from: Kaz on March 23, 2009, 11:34:12 PM
You should be winding the glass by turning the mandrel away from you (as Afina does in the video with the base bead and the final encasing). Seems like when she adds the twistie she does it the other way round and actually thinking about it, it makes sense as you could control it much easier doing it through the flame rather than at the side of the flame. I may try this!
Kazx

Yes this is why I do, I was reading it back to front let alone doing it lol, sorry for the confusion.

Mand

Phew, there I was lying in bed last night feeling like a complete numpty! I do wind on the conventional way then, and it was the twistie that threw me.... it was late, I was tired.... excuses excuses, maybe I need new glasses!  ;)

Lyn G

By coincidence I was making pleat beads at the weekend.   :)

I love making them, although I find it quite hard to get a smooth join.  I tuck the ends of the twisty in using a knife, but it is still a bit hit and miss.

These are the ones I made.....

Does anyone have any tips for making perfect joins?