Where to put the torch.

Started by Katiequiggle, February 21, 2009, 10:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katiequiggle

I was wondering the other day, where do you have your torch. Do you have a wall or a window in front of your torch.  At the moment I look at a wall but I'm thinking of changing my torches position to being in front of the window. 

What do you find best.  Daylight, bright light, the outside, in front of you or a solid well lit background.  ITMS.

The table is lower than the worktop that I'm working at now and my computer chair I sit on doesn't quite take me to the height I'd like to be at whereas working at the table is a more comfortable height for me.  Just wondered what you all worked with in front of your torch and what you prefer.  I'm thinking it's better to have a solid object behind it.  Thanks for your help. ;D

Dee

I used to have mine in front of the window then I had a change around when I got a new cupboard and put it facing the wall....hated it! I felt hemmed in and totally uninspired. It's back facing the window now and feels great  ;D

Hels4444

I have mine in front of a mirror, so I can see the other side when I am working, and also to see who comes in behind me, so they don't make me jump!!

Hels

Mary

I found having it at the window was too bright, I couldn't see the flame on sunny days.

Donna@Rockin' Beads

Mine is centred between 2 windows but one of them has a blind which has to come down when it's sunny or I also can't see the flame. It's nice to be able to glance outside occassionally, even if I can't see alot.

Katiequiggle

Well I think I might try it.  My desk is in front of two windows so I'll place it inbetween the two of them so there'll be a window either side to look out.

Dragonfire Glass

I'm in a conservatory so suurounded by glass!
On sunny days it is a problem, but just the smallest amount of cloud and its just perfect. I have one blind and do plan to have a few more.